LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Aren't you French?
Negative. Not a lick of French in me. :lol:
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I have, nor ever, will be accused of being a Yankee.

Southern born.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Now look, a fucking Englishman!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

stever wrote:
if he was or is a Ranger i apologise wholeheartdly
i was not aware that mr or Ranger toad was formerly of the Ranger unit

now hopefully all toys have been placed back in prams

i hope we can all get on now :lol:

re the recon and Ranger batt units 1 para may be takin the lead role for the Ranger type unit supporting sof units

re the reccy unit they may use other as yet unidentified units
whom have been deployed elsewhere [in the land of the guiness] perhaps
And here we go, my gripe with you is not that you got your panties in a knot about me calling the U.K., England but the fact that you have not taken the time to read the rules of the board here. Maybe you think because KH run around barking at folks here, you can to, well there is a difference. KH has RANGER under his screen name, you do not. My name is not Mr. of Ranger toad it is Ranger Horned Toad, Ranger HT will work fine. This ongoing lack of attention to detail tells me that you don’t respect the Rangers or our site. You are well on you way to a vote to ban.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

It was just sent to me via another source. Although redundant there may be some points not in the original article so I posted it.
C

Subject: Special Reconnaissance Regiment Joins the Fight

Wed 6 Apr 2005

The Special Reconnaissance Regiment joins the SAS and SBS

New special force targets terror

GETHIN CHAMBERLAIN AND TIM RIPLEY

Key points
* New special forces regiment created to combat international terrorism
* Special Reconnaissance Regiment operational as of today
* 300-400 people to be recruited from existing services

Key quote
"This regiment will provide improved support to expeditionary operations overseas and form part of the defence contribution to the government's comprehensive strategy to counter international terrorism." - GEOFF HOON, DEFENCE SECRETARY

Story in full BRITAIN will today get its first new special forces regiment since the 1950s, with a brief to carry out covert operations against terrorists around the world.

The Special Reconnaissance Regiment is expected to play a key role in hunting down insurgents in Iraq and in the forthcoming UK-led operation against al-Qaeda remnants - including Osama bin Laden - in Afghanistan.

Members will be expected to infiltrate terrorist organisations and identify targets to be attacked by other units.

The SRR joins the Special Air Service and the Special Boat Service in the UK special forces group at a time when other parts of the armed forces, including the Scottish infantry regiments, are suffering swingeing cutbacks.

Operational from today, the new 300 to 400-strong regiment will draw on existing forces for its members and can recruit from all three services.

Some posts will be open to women.

Geoff Hoon, the Defence Secretary, said that the regiment had been formed "to meet a growing worldwide demand for special reconnaissance capability".

He said: "This regiment will provide improved support to expeditionary operations overseas and form part of the defence contribution to the government's comprehensive strategy to counter international terrorism."

Mr Hoon said the SRR would begin collecting covert intelligence on threats to British interests around the world.

The new regiment is in addition to the so-called Ranger battalion, which is being formed out of the Parachute regiment, and is part of a major enhancement of the UK's special forces group launched in 2002 by the British government.

It is the first time Britain has formed a regimental-sized special forces unit since the late 1950s, when the SAS was expanded and two regiments were established as part of the reserve Territorial Army.

Military sources said it would draw heavily on the British army's experience of conducting covert intelligence gathering in Northern Ireland.

"We want to place electronic 'bugs' close to terrorist leaders such as Osama bin Laden and have agents within the ranks of global terrorist groups," said one army officer. "We got very good at doing this in Northern Ireland in the 1980s and 1990s, and now we want to transfer this capability to the global war on terrorism."

He added: "With terrorist groups in Iraq and Afghanistan, the only way to get a handle on what they are doing is by having high quality intelligence gathering capabilities that get really close to them.

"The new SRR gives us that capability and it is going be one of the most active units in the British armed forces over the next couple of years."

Once SRR surveillance teams have identified human targets, other units will then eliminate them. It is understood that the new regiment will be based alongside the SAS at Stirling Lines barracks, near Hereford.

Although the early phases of training will be based on the SAS selection process, the main training will be very different.

Arabic and other Middle East language skills are a top requirement for the recruits, allowing them to blend into Islamic societies on undercover operations.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

stever wrote:
if he was or is a Ranger i apologise wholeheartdly
i was not aware that mr or Ranger toad was formerly of the Ranger unit

now hopefully all toys have been placed back in prams

i hope we can all get on now :lol:

re the recon and Ranger batt units 1 para may be takin the lead role for the Ranger type unit supporting sof units

re the reccy unit they may use other as yet unidentified units
whom have been deployed elsewhere [in the land of the guiness] perhaps
I will not dismiss your errant behaviour towards my brother Ranger Horned Toad. your quote "I hope we can all get on now." You will take pause and address all Ranger's properly. In case you stever do not remember where the FAQ's are, go to this link: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1842

and then stever, go to this link for a refresher: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3654

Failure to follow these simple rules will lead to your banishment stever. Copy?

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Great, now let's get PISSED!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

RRDTm3 wrote:Great, now let's get PISSED!
Finally, the voice of reason.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Reconnaissance”