Introduction - Emmanuel

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Emmanuel15
Egg

Introduction - Emmanuel

Post by Emmanuel15 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Emmanuel, I'm 16 years old and a junior in high school. I intend on enlisting as a Forward Observer with a Ranger contract when I graduate. Since middle school I knew I wanted to join the Army, and as a Ranger only in the last year or so and have been taking this aspiration seriously since. I'm choosing to pursue being a Ranger because I want to be in an organization that pushes you to be the best you can every day, and does not settle for mediocrity.

I found the forum around six months ago when I did a google search looking for more information on becoming a Ranger, and have been lurking the site since then. I figured I should finally make an account a few days ago and start taking things such as fitness and mentorship more seriously than I already have.
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Emmanuel

Post by IntelToad »

Welcome here Emmanuel, there's lots to learn and you have the benefit of having plenty of time to absorb it all. Do well in school, stay fit and stay out of trouble.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Emmanuel.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Emmanuel15 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 9:08 pm Hello Rangers,
Hey Emmanuel,

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. As you probably already noticed, if you're serious about joining the 75th Ranger Regiment this is an excellent way to get going. What do you do besides go to school? Work? Play sports? Video games?

As a Forward Observer I approve of your job choice. What is it about the job that interests you?

Next time you see this and have spare time, research how to take an APFT (Implied task, give yourself one if you can) as well as look into and tell us about the Army's new physical fitness test, the ACFT.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Emmanuel15
Egg

Post by Emmanuel15 »

Ranger Disinfertention,

I currently don't play any sports, I do play video games and spend time with friends often. As far as work, I'll be working part time at a grocery store very soon. I also plan on getting back into working out everyday.

The role Forward Observers play on the battlefield calling in CAS and Artillery appealed to me more than any other MOS. Once I read about SFC Kristoffer Domeijj and the things he did in Afghanistan and Iraq it solidified my plan on enlisting as a 13F.

I will definitely look into how to take an APFT and ACFT tonight, and will take one as soon as I'm able to.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Kris is an excellent person for you to look up to. I met him a couple of times although I never served with him. One of the times you remember someone and they have no clue who you are probably. He was bigger than the job. And I mean that even if he was alive. It was impressive to hear about before he was killed.

There is another FO you should look up and coincidentally it is the second time today I have thought of him. Jared Monti. I mentioned it in passing talking about "valorous deeds" and being a FO and how rare it is to do our job and earn valor awards. If you like this career field, both those names should be very familiar to you.

It's been over a week (I check the site only here and there too) but please post about the differences when you can to prove you checked it out!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Emmanuel15
Egg

Post by Emmanuel15 »

Ranger Disinfertention,

I have read about Jared Monti briefly and the sacrifice he made for our country, and I'll be sure to look into him more.

As for the APFT and ACFT, my apologies for taking this long to do as you instructed. I noticed the ACFT implemented a few "Crossfit" style events differing from the APFT which is pure calisthenics and running. One big change I noticed is the replacement of traditional pushups to the hand release pushups, which in my opinion is a better test of upper body strength and endurance than before because it forces you to adhere to the form and technique required for your reps to count. The sprint drag carry in my opinion is one of the most important events on the ACFT and I'm surprised it was not already implemented into the APFT years before, the physical ability to exfil a casualty using a skedco on the battlefield is obviously very important. I also think the addition of the 3 Rep Max Deadlift is a great addition due to its application to soldier task, like lifting heavy equipment from the ground or carrying a casualty.

I recently took an APFT and my scores are listed below:
PU: 45
SU: 49
2MR: 18 MINS

The past year I have been living a pretty much sedentary lifestyle and it really showed when taking the APFT. I plan on using these poor numbers and my personal anger for letting myself get this weak as motivation to move forward and progress physically and mentally. I'll be making a habit of setting time out of the day to read some of the threads in the "Letters from School" section and the PT tips provided on the site every day.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

You gotta start somewhere. Whatever motivation you need to improve. You've got time. Try to follow some kind of program and track your progress.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”