Introduction - Jonathan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

IntelToad
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jonathan

Post by IntelToad »

"Chassis Integrity is a term that the program uses. I would describe it as mid-section/body-frame training and hardening to build functional stability and strength."

We used to call them push ups.

"Unloaded runs ?" Shit, most of my runs I was still loaded.

Keep at it, good luck
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
JollyGoodfellow
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by JollyGoodfellow »

Ranger IntelToad,

Good point. It does have me doing alot of Hand-Release Pushups and such. Their Chassis Integrity work probably refers to the other stuff they add in like, 1-sided deadlifts, Russian Twists, Hang Squat Cleans, Scotty Bobs, etc,which do seem to be helping me build a more functional athletic profile.

With them doing both unloaded and loading running, my assumption is they want to build up rucking capacity but dont want to ignore standard timed runs for both APFT and RPFT.

At the end of the day I am sure that many of these military build up plans are very similar.

My goal is to keep thrashing myself with these workouts and increasing fitness across the board with my timed runs, timed rucks, RPFT and APFT scores.

Hopefully with 6-8 months more time, I will be in great shape when I ship for OSUT, and from there it will be just continuing to build upon that foundation.
11X Opt 40
Ship Date: 20191230
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Jon - make sure you don't over train. Over training is way more danger than under training. Build in rest days and active recover days. Roll out if you have one, it's pretty easy to do and better on your muscles compared to simply stretching. You don't have to go hard every single day to make good gains. That, and going hard on Army style fitness events will break you eventually. There is a reason why lots of old guys from the Army are broke as shit... take care of yourself because no one else will.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
JollyGoodfellow
Future Soldier / Opt40

Thank you Ranger Disinfertention,

I will take yours and Ranger Lunch's advice.

Its easy for me to feel the timeline crunching for me to be physically ready, especially since I havent done any of this before and its hard for me to gauge where I am and at what rate I will progress over the next few months. But at the same time I have plenty of time. If I keep chipping away day by day, stay hydrated, focus on nutrition, listen to my body when it comes to overtraining and overuse, get plenty of rest, and so on, I can be in the shape I need to be before I join.

I will keep everyone here up-to-date.
11X Opt 40
JollyGoodfellow
Future Soldier / Opt40

Hello Rangers, I wanted to update everyone with a Sitrep. I signed my 11x Opt 40 contract with a ship date of 20191230. I am excited and feel pretty ready to go, both physically and mentally.

Here are the scores from my APFT and other assessments last week:

Push-ups: 60
Sit-ups: 61
Chin-ups: 11
2-mile: 14:04
5-mile 38:30
12-mile Ruck at 35lbs, not including water, snacks, and an additional 10lb mace: 2:42:28

Any advice or recommendations leading up to OSUT would be appreciated, otherwise I will be scouring the archives here on OSUT and how to continue to improve throughout.
11X Opt 40
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Your rank and permissions have been upgraded allowing you to view the "Mentoring Forum"

There is a wealth of information there, which you can get started reading in the mean time while waiting for additional guidance.

Log off and log back in and you will see it.

Get on it as quick as you can and use whatever time you left to get as much info as possible.

Congrats on obtaining your Option 40 and good luck.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Great scores. Thereis another person on this site and in discord with your ship date. Link up here or send me a message on Discord or on ArmyRanger.com if you need help. Also, get yourself into the mentoring zone and figure it out. Great work so far, but this is the easy part. Don't fail because you are not prepared.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
JollyGoodfellow
Future Soldier / Opt40

Thank you Ranger Centermass for the permissions access. I will go through as much information as possible in the next two weeks before I ship.

Ranger Disinfertention, thank you for the encouragement. I have sent my introduction on Discord and will message Val1234 who shares my shipdate.
11X Opt 40
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Jonathan, my best advice to you for reading the mentee section would be to start through the original "Five Mentee's Report Here" thread. There's literally hundreds of pages that will help you develop a mental picture on what works and what doesn't, you'll see patterns that are consistent of those who were successful, and those that failed.

Good luck and get some, as Ranger Jim would always say. "Never, Never Quit!"
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”