Introduction: Jack

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jack3407
Future Soldier / Opt 4

Introduction: Jack

Post by Jack3407 »

Hello Rangers,

Let me start by expressing my deepest respect for everyone of you who have served or are continuing to serve in the Ranger Regiment. It is because of the great deeds that you men have done that inspire me to follow in your footsteps and achieve my goal of obtaining that Ranger title. My name is Jack and I am 17 years old. I attended a charter school in the state of Delaware. I am a varsity captain for wrestling team at my school, and I work on a farm in Maryland. I am in a youth military program United Naval Sea Cadet Corps and my goal is difficult but ideally to secure an 11x contest with and option 40 attached.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction: Jack

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Jack,

I think this post has been a long time coming, as I have heard about what you have been doing from Robert and Matthew. Hopefully this isn't just some awkward coincidence!

Really great to have you here. I am looking forward to being a small part of your journey to becoming a Ranger. Please leverage this site to the most that you can and keep up us updated to your progress.

Have you had the chance to speak to a recruiter yet?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jack3407
Future Soldier / Opt 4

Post by Jack3407 »

Ranger Disinfertention,

Unfortunately I have not been able to talk to a recruiter yet. I was planning on talking to a recruiter this weekend to take the ASVAB and just be put into the system so they know what jobs I’m interested and qualify for early on. Unfortunately I had an emergency surgery last weekend to remove my appendix and I won’t be able to do much for the next two weeks. Once I’ve recovered and the hospital clears me I’ll talk to them, take the ASVAB, and post my PT scores regularly.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Jack3407 wrote: April 12th, 2018, 6:37 pm Ranger Disinfertention,

Unfortunately I have not been able to talk to a recruiter yet. I was planning on talking to a recruiter this weekend to take the ASVAB and just be put into the system so they know what jobs I’m interested and qualify for early on. Unfortunately I had an emergency surgery last weekend to remove my appendix and I won’t be able to do much for the next two weeks. Once I’ve recovered and the hospital clears me I’ll talk to them, take the ASVAB, and post my PT scores regularly.
All good, Jack. What you said being what it is I assume you are doing well after all that? Pretty sure that used to kill people not too long ago. Get healthy and let us know how talking to a recruiter goes.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jack3407
Future Soldier / Opt 4

Post by Jack3407 »

Dear Ranger Disinfertention,
I know it has been a long time since I’ve reported anything on my current situation and is inexcusable. I just wanted to wait to report back until I had made forward progress in my enlistment process. I’ve talked to a recruiter and scored very well on the ASVAB ( I think my AQFT score was an 89). At the time to go down to MEPS there was no 11x with an option 40 contract available, so I’ve decided to try and approach getting into RASP from a different angle. I took an 11x with an option 4 contract for airborne then go in as a high speed highly motivated individual so that ranger recruiters will notice me either in OSUT or Airborne and will enlist me to rasp. If not I’m going to get in contact with one of their recruiters and talk to them about potentially other options for getting into regiment. I’m DEP’d in as an 11x option 4 and my ship date to basic is July 23. I’m highly motivated to not only join the army but also to become a ranger. Currently my pt stands at the following:
5 mile run: 37:30
Push-ups: 65
Sit-ups: 83
2 mile run: 13:47
Pull-ups: 12

Jack
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Jack,

Those are great scores. I am glad you have decided to serve your country. As soon as you see this you need to reply to my PM.

Please keep us updated. Update your signature to reflect your ship date. Check Stickies and rules to make sure you are doing them (such as capitalizing Ranger). You have a few months to get ready for not only the Army, but also a chance at becoming a Ranger.

The rest is now solely on you.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”