RFR

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
RngrDoc75
Ranger

Re: RFR

Post by RngrDoc75 »

RFR is a modified version of Army Combat Lifesaver. Well, more accurately, Combat Lifesaver is a modified version of RFR. RFR is simply TCCC training tailored to the Ranger specific mission. The fact is that every type of unit should have a tailored version specific to their mission profile.

As for attending RFR, just go to RIP. RFR is part of every RIP class. (RIP = RASP I for those who have made the new language transition).

The Regt will host RFR train-the-trainer courses over the next year for medics from other units. There will not be anymore traveling RFR road shows to other posts.
RngrDoc75
Ranger Medic, 75th RGR Regt
1990-1995 at 1/75
1995 to 2012 at RHQ
2012 to 2015 at USSOCOM
2015 to Present CoTCCC/Joint Trauma System

if you can do the math and have been in the Regt medical team in those years, then you probably know who I am...

Dominatus Comminus Rememdium
"Mastery in Close Combat Medicine"
RngrDoc75
Ranger

Re: RFR

Post by RngrDoc75 »

Any up-to-date and correct military trauma training should be based on the tenents of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC). RFR and CLS are both based on TCCC.

Here is a link to TCCC classes. http://www.naemt.org/education/PHTLS/TCCC.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Medical personnel who are PHTLS current are qualified to instruct TCCC.
RngrDoc75
Ranger Medic, 75th RGR Regt
1990-1995 at 1/75
1995 to 2012 at RHQ
2012 to 2015 at USSOCOM
2015 to Present CoTCCC/Joint Trauma System

if you can do the math and have been in the Regt medical team in those years, then you probably know who I am...

Dominatus Comminus Rememdium
"Mastery in Close Combat Medicine"

Return to “Medical Issues”