Wolfman home on exodus

Basic & AIT
Jesture
Embryo

Post by Jesture »

Wolfman, youre going to Italy right? What week of OSUT are you in? I'm in Fco 2/54 and we just finished week 7. I've got Italy in my contract so I'm just trying to meet people that are going to the same place.
A lowly depper...
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good report, Wolf. Glad to hear you're doing well. Have a great holiday with your family, then go back and finish what you started. Keep up the excellent work.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the SITREP. I really appreciate these things. Drive on. You're almost there.

RLTW
Bell
AbnCrazy
Embryo

Post by AbnCrazy »

Hey Wolfman, when you get to Italy make sure you tell them you want to lead the first available run to Monte Berico :twisted: and be sure to go on your buca Blast the night before!!
Good luck finnishing Infantry and BAC! Keep your head in the game and you'll be fine!
Served from 1983-1995,82d Abn 3/325,4/325, MAANG, USARC Boston, 7th Army Training Command, 70% DAV
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you guys enjoy it and learn EVERYTHING.

the Herd just got movement orders to the Stan officially this week.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jesture
Embryo

Post by Jesture »

Any word on the deployment date?
A lowly depper...
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Jesture wrote:Any word on the deployment date?
Are you fuckin' stupid?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jesture
Embryo

Post by Jesture »

Ok that was a stupid question. I understand the whole OPSEC thing just had a momentary lapse of judgement. Sorry.
A lowly depper...
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Re: Wolfman home on exodus

Post by Ardent Lady »

Wolfman wrote:One other thing about sick call, don't go. Unless you fucked up a body part so it mechanically doesn't work, then you can go. I had been sick the whole time I was there, so will you.
In July our son called from OSUT (he was two weeks into it) and casually mentioned that his throat was sore and he was going to sick call about it. The next day he called from the hospital with pneumonia. He was on IV antibiotics for three days, then returned to his unit on profile. He was able to finish with his class because he was determined to keep up with the PT. When he said his throat was sore, he meant that he could no longer swallow and felt like he was not going to be able to keep going. I was glad he paid attention to his body and knew when the illness was about to really stop him. Pneumonia must have been going around because while he was there, another OSUT guy was in with it, and a DS was admitted with it as he was leaving.

It's a tough call; be careful.
sprained the shit out of my ankle
I hope this is healed up now!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
3rdHerdRGR375
Inprocessing

Re: Wolfman home on exodus

Post by 3rdHerdRGR375 »

Wolfman wrote:Just checking in. Everything has been going great. I have a pretty good platoon, and good Drill Sergeants. We have a good balance of DS's. One who smokes the shit out of us for everything, one who takes the time to teach us shit and has some patience, and our Senior DS who has a lot of knowledge and likes to teach even though we don't see him a lot.

My platoon has a large number of guys who are in their mid-20's. Which actually makes discipline more difficult for the fact that they are used to doing things their own way. They get pissed off at the Drills Sergeants who are smoking us when we are the ones who fucked up. They really have a hard time seeing why things happen the way they do sometimes. However, there is a lot of intelligence in my platoon. We have a few shitbirds(who are about to get ELSed), but most of the guys here are very smart. We haven't had any fights like some of the other platoons have.

My best advice is to never be a buddyfucker. If you fuck someone over, expect to get fucked over yourself. Ninety percent of the guys on sick call are fake ass pussies, but do not join the rest of the platoon in fucking with those guys. If you stay cool with them, they will be more than happy to share their medication with you when you need it. I am not saying to be their friends, but be on friendly terms with them. One other thing about sick call, don't go. Unless you fucked up a body part so it mechanically doesn't work, then you can go. I had been sick the whole time I was there, so will you. However, on our last major training before exodus we were road marching at 15 minutes a mile out to a range for some M240B shooting, when I fucked up and sprained the shit out of my ankle. I finished the march, but it's over a week later and I still can't even jog. I went to sick call the next day, feeling like a bitch, but it was probably the right thing since we had a 5 mile run in 2 days and at the time just walking fucked me up.

One other bit of advice, whenever you roadmarch it will be dark out. We always leave at 0530. Pay attention to the terrain. There are holes, dips, rocks in the road, etc.

Overall there are times that suck, but I am really enjoying myself.
Oh, you were home on exodus huh? I bet you were one of those fucking queers in class a's making fucking asses of themselves for all those faggot civilians to see at the airport.

Anyways, OSUT is fucking gay and useless. You'll realize this if you make it to RIP and batt, but you have to do it, so do it to the best of your ability. Airborne, what a gay school. The instructors don't give a shit about anything and that includes your training. As long as they go home at 1600 every day, it's all good hooah? The good thing about airborne is that you can go to clubs all night with no recall formation and party your ass off. Overall, it is a very laid back school. RIP is the fucking shit. I'm telling you, you will make some of the best friends of your life in this course and when your not getting the shit smoked outta you, you'll have a good time, at least I did. Batt, I'm not telling you fucking shit about batt. You'll find out how it is when you get there lol. Good luck.
3/75 04-Present
RIP Class 03-05
"Discipline seperates excellence from mediocrity"

Return to “About OSUT”