Judo, Jujitsu and combatives

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

I am a yellow belt in Judo but only a white belt in jusjitsu. In my Judo class i was taught from a match perpspective and never a combat or fight perspective so I think I was hindered that way. In jujitsu my sensei is very good at teaching how to finish or killing the opponent which will help in combat training of course. I was wondering if Army Combatives School is just a regular school or a special school or something? And how after my initial training could it be possible to train there if anyone knows.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: Judo, Jujitsu and combatives

Post by Charlie 51 »

grj5001 wrote:I am a yellow belt in Judo but only a white belt in jusjitsu. In my Judo class i was taught from a match perpspective and never a combat or fight perspective so I think I was hindered that way. In jujitsu my sensei is very good at teaching how to finish or killing the opponent which will help in combat training of course. I was wondering if Army Combatives School is just a regular school or a special school or something? And how after my initial training could it be possible to train there if anyone knows.
I feel you are posting this to make us think you are cool because you are a Judo Player or study Juijitsu (or Jusjitsu as you fat fingered it). A simple Google search will net you your answer and you wouldn't need to try and show us how cool you are by posting your lame Martial arts credentials.

Now stop posting drivel and start using the search button Mr Jusjitsu

Many a slip tween a cup and a lip, you have way more to worry about then high speed schools right now like that lame ass run time of yours
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

Ranger charlie 51,

I post things not becuase I think I am cool but becuase I want to know. If I wanted to win a cool contest I would have joined a frat and worn an abercrombie shirt. I take pride in the fact that I have taken up Judo or jujitsu (juijitsu I find is spelled when talking about the Brazillian school of thought). I joined this site in hopes that I could find a cultivating spirit. Not to be made fun of or be put down by someone who does not know me or thinks he does by the three posts I have submitted.

With respect,
Greg
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

You're both wrong; it's spelled 柔術. Freaking round-eyes.

The US Army Combatives is a non-resident school which teaches 40, 80 and 160 hours courses.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

grj5001 wrote:Ranger charlie 51,

I post things not becuase I think I am cool but becuase I want to know. If I wanted to win a cool contest I would have joined a frat and worn an abercrombie shirt. I take pride in the fact that I have taken up Judo or jujitsu (juijitsu I find is spelled when talking about the Brazillian school of thought). I joined this site in hopes that I could find a cultivating spirit. Not to be made fun of or be put down by someone who does not know me or thinks he does by the three posts I have submitted.

With respect,
Greg
If I don't know you then how did I know you would not be able to take a little harsh criticism and would reply in the exact manner that you did?

How did I know you would get a little steamed under the collar and try very hard to think of words to say that would not be overtly disrespectful but attempt to put me in my place?

How did I know, after completely disrespecting me and insulting my intelligence, you would use a phrase like "With Respect"?

You even failed to Capitalize the C in my screen name you were so bent out of shape.

If you joined this site to "cultivate a spirit" then you are in the wrong place. We don't cultivate spirits here, we share knowledge and experience with those that we deem worthy of it. This is a very small circle and you are not our peer, you are a guest at best and right now you are wearing out your welcome.

Now lets see if you can post something worth reading.

In 250 words or less why don't you tell us why you really want to be a Ranger? Also, post your most current PT test which includes

2 mile run
2 minute push -up max
2 minute sit-up max
Pull-up, dead hang, no time limit

I will give you until this Thursday, 17:00CST

How do I know you will get bent out of shape over this?
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

I don't know that much about judo, but I think Ching-Chang or Ka-Chunk is the best martial art. Ching-Chang is the sound of the slide on a .45 as a round is jacked in; Ka-Chunk is the sound of a pump shot gun having a round jacked in. Beyond that, "Run Forest Run" is pretty good...

Ranger Andy :-) www.sohkjudo.com
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

10,000 ways to kill with a blade of grass! Of course I'm old school.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Hey High speed, tone it down a bit. As Charlie 51 pointed out, you are a guest in our house. If he feels that you are being a fuckwit, then so be it. He can have you banned just on principle alone if he sees fit. He has earned that right in ways you cannot possibly imagine. Your martial arts training means nothing here. You equally show your ignorance because judo is a sport, so you would naturally be trained in a match setting. How the fuck do you know if juijitsu will help in your "combat training"? Have you had much "combat training" lately?

I'll let those that know school you on Army Combatives, because I know fuck all about it. I do know this, you won't be doing shit if you can't get that run time down.

Also, If you can't take a stern talking to as constructive criticism, you are in for a very rough road.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and you are a fuckwit. a pretentious, arrogant, attempting-to-be-condescendingly disrespectful, out of his depth, thin skinned, fuckwit.

edit: and having read all your drivel , I'll add an ungrammatical, non-spelling, failure of a college-boy with an attitude, because you seem to think we owe you something for showing up, but you ain't earned shit yet, fuckwit.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

There isn't really much that I can add except, read the post I put in your introduction.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

JEW SHITZU!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

With karate I'll kick your ass
Here to Tiennamen Square.
Oh yeah, muthafucka,
I'm 'onna kick your fuckin' derriere.
You broke the rules,
Now I'll pull out all your pubic hair,
You muthafucka.
You muthafucka.

Kyle betrayed me
And then he lied tried to hide
And I died deep inside
And you know the reason why.

I'm 'onna kick your ass
From here to right over there.
Oh yeah muthafucka,
I'm 'onna kick your fuckin' derriere.
You broke the rules,
Now I'll pull out all your pubic hair,
You muthafucka.
You muthafucka
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

I joined the Army to make something of myself. I chose to follow the path of an Army Ranger to push myself to a level of mental and physical toughness that right now I can only imagine. I had the opportunity to accept a commission, but turned it down because in my mind I had no right commanding troops when I had never been in their place. I enlisted in the Army to become a Ranger and to learn how to follow and lead from the best soldiers in the world. I feel that achieving this level of excellence will permit me to command properly and to have the respect of the men I could someday lead. Army Rangers have the highest standards and if I am going to expect the best I first have to achieve the best. I want to become an Army Ranger to push myself to my very limits in hopes that I can join the ranks of the 75th and fight for my country.

PT Scores:
2 mile run: 15:42 (Cross Country)
2 minute push -up max: 89
2 minute sit-up max: 70
Pull-up, dead hang, no time limit: 15

Current PT score= 250

Return to “Close Combat”