UFC 82

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Nomad
Ranger

UFC 82

Post by Nomad »

Anyone here think Anderson Silva is going to lose to Dan Henderson?

I think, as much as I love Dan Henderson, that he will lose this one. In the fight against Rampage he was ten seconds or less from getting knocked out before the bell rang. If the fight hadn't ended then it would have within seconds.

Now that Dan's coming back lighter and fighting the most explosive fighter today, he is going to have a lot on his hands. This article sort of gets the gist of it. If any of you haven't seen Anderson Silva fight yet, you need to. He destroys his opponents. Just think Rich Franklin. He owned him, bad.

Anderson Silva is the "new" Mike Tyson
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Silva for sure.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

McD wrote:Silva for sure.
Agreed.

For everyone else here's some of what we should expect to see:

Silva vs Franklin

Silve vs Leben

Enjoy.
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

I actually think that Henderson will pull this one out. When Silva was in Pride, he was a mid-level talent. Sure in UFC he kicked Franklin's ass (1st time Rich was hurt but took the fight anyway, and 2nd time he just got worked) and Chris Leben (who is a pug). I think that when he fights someone like Dan Henderson, he stands a good chance to get defeated. Just my 2 cents. We'll see on saturday.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Silva defeated Henderson.

DAVE MELTZER’S UNOFFICIAL SCORECARD
Round 1 2 3 4 5 Total
Silva 9 W
DH 10 SUB

DAVE DOYLE’S UNOFFICIAL SCORECARD
Round 1 2 3 4 5 Total
Silva 9 W
DH 10 SUB

First round: Crowd cheered Henderson wildly. Silva got a loud but mixed reaction. Most were giving him a standing ovation. USA chant for Henderson. Nothing happened in the first minute causing some boos. Henderson connected with a right. Silva with a low kick and a high kick. Silva with another high kick to the face. Henderson shrugged it off. Henderson blocked another high kick. Henderson with a bodylock and takedown. Henderson with a few hammer punches to the side of the head. No serious damage in the blows but they are the only offense. A hard elbow by Henderson. Henderson kept throwing hammer blows while caught in half-guard. Henderson got side control and threw elbows. Silva regained guard and held Henderson in a body triangle. Henderson’s round 10-9.

Second round: Silva connected with a hard kick. Henderson tried a takedown but Silva got on top. Henderson back to his feet. Henderson grabbed a body lock. The two were trading punches. A hard knee by Silva. More trading. Henderson is down. Silva on top scored with an elbow. Silva throwing good body blows while on top. Silva got Henderson’s back. Henderson tried an elbow block. Silva throwing punches to the side of the head. Henderson spun around and Silva threw elbows. More punches and elbows to the side of Henderson’s head. Henderson is in trouble as Silva went for a choke with time running out in the round. He clamped it on fully and Henderson had no choice but to tap out in 4:52 of round two.

UFC 82 Results
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Glad I didn't pay for that one. Matty had it pegged from the get-go.

Bush league that Hendo didn't win.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater

Return to “Close Combat”