Intro - ncgater

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - ncgater

Post by Jim »

Ncgater, what is going on with you? Have not seen you here lately.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ncgater
Ranger Dad

Post by ncgater »

Jim wrote:Ncgater, what is going on with you? Have not seen you here lately.
Not much going on Ranger Jim. I did get to spend quite a bit of time with my Ranger this past month which was real good. He is not going to be coming home for the upcoming holidays unfortunately but someone needs to mind the office. I recall the holidays back in my day. It was not so bad being on duty as the officers treated us with a bit more dignity. I still remember my Bn Cmdr coming in on xMas eve while I was on CQ.

Still waiting on a slot for school. He is hoping to avoid the coldest part of winter. I can only guess that the outdoors of N. Georgia in Jan or Feb is not much fun. Other than that, keeping his nose clean.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ncgater wrote: Still waiting on a slot for school. He is hoping to avoid the coldest part of winter. I can only guess that the outdoors of N. Georgia in Jan or Feb is not much fun. Other than that, keeping his nose clean.
I don't blame him. December and January are miserable at Fort Benning. I graduated OCS 26 February and went to Jump Refresher before Ranger School.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Thanks for reaching out to one of our future soldiers. Have you invited your son to join the site?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ncgater
Ranger Dad

Post by ncgater »

Jim wrote:Thanks for reaching out to one of our future soldiers. Have you invited your son to join the site?
Yes, but he is more interested in reddit. Kids these days...

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”