Looking for advice on LEO boots

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Looking for advice on LEO boots

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The Danner Acadia may be what you are looking for. Link The heel is about 1 1/4. The tread should be within spec.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Looking for advice on LEO boots

Post by KW Driver »

Or Belleville 790s. Not sure if they speck out, but it's what we were wearing before going tan. They were the most comfortable issue boot I think I've worn. Broke in fast too. Not sure that they'd spit shine up easily.

They do size funny. I've got a 12D foot, wore 11 1/2 R jungles and jumps, but 11R in all the Belleville's.

Made in the US. Danners are damn fine boots, just not sure what black ones aren't being made in China these days. Danner GTX's have a bad rep, but I don't know if they make them in black.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

KW Driver wrote: just not sure what black ones aren't being made in China these days.
Acadias are made in the USA.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
18Z5V
Triple Canopy

Post by 18Z5V »

DEC wrote:Rangers,
Thanks for the input so far. Im looking at the Bellevilles and the Rocky boots.

Any Ranger have experience with 5.11 boots? I have a small discount on them but i'm not too crazy about the zipper feature. Seems to me one more thing that can break.
My Agency used to have a pretty good uniform budget we used to get two boots free per year. I tried one of the zipper boots and for work in the city it was pretty good. The zipper lasted longer than the boots. Now we just get a certain boot brand that we can get.

The question for the bellevilles and rocky boots are, how fast can you run in them? I don't know about DPS Academy but in my Academy there was some foot pursuits in some of the scenarios and when you caught them, you got some cool guy points which helps your academy reputation.
RS 12-93
SFAS 06-01
SFQC 04-01
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

There are many types and styles out there and the Rockys are an excellent choice. Bottom line is they need to polish up professional and all (and easily, especially in the academy, which will allow more time to STUDY), BUT if they don't feel and wear like a good quality pair of running shows look somewhere else. If you're a cop you are gonna run because you WILL have to catch criminals and if thats NOT your main reason you should re-assess your career choice. Don't worry, there will be plenty of other "Scared to be out after dark, just want the uniform and power" types to make you look good! Good luck!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

DEC wrote:Rangers,
Going with some 5.11s. Thanks for the responses.
-DEC

Good call! :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:If you're a cop you are gonna run because you WILL have to catch criminals and if thats NOT your main reason you should re-assess your career choice.

Thought he was going to DPS, don't they just hand out traffic tickets? :twisted:
We like to refer to our Staties here as Highway Meter Maids. They love that.

I know a lot of guys here don't like their reliability for woods/mountain work, but for the street as a cop and for running at work, Hi-Tec Magnums are extremely lightweight and very comfortable.

Do not get boots with a curved zipper or a very thin zipper, they suck balls and will break within weeks. If you do get a zippered boot, make sure it's straight up and down and a good thick size.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:If you're a cop you are gonna run because you WILL have to catch criminals and if thats NOT your main reason you should re-assess your career choice.

Thought he was going to DPS, don't they just hand out traffic tickets? :twisted:
I'm fond of the Lad okay? :lol: :lol:

He's a hard charger, he'll spend all of his time on the red carpet! :twisted:

Return to “Personal Gear”