Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
RangerX
Ranger

Re: In the pants holster

Post by RangerX »

Buzz wrote:
RangerX wrote:1st Batt = Leg Shavers
2nd Batt = Yeti Fuckers
3rd Batt = Masters of self gratification because every chick in Columbus knows better
Couldn't spell sasquatch could you. :lol:
I know how to use the inter-googles just fine. I just think yeti fucker flows better than sasquatch fucker. :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Sorry to get back on topic but I have tried and am very happy with a couple of IWB Holsters I purchased from n82tactical.com. I have the Professional for my XDM .45 3.8' Compact (my normal carry) and the Original Tuckable in Full Size that that works well for my full size XDMs and Glocks. The Professional is my prefered as it gives better weapon retention and reholstering, the advantage of the Original Tuckable being one holster for every full sized I own. Disadvatage with Original Tuckable is reholstering. Both conceal well and are extremely comfortable for all day wear whether it be standing, walking or sitting. Has suede backing towards body, leather towards weapon with layer of neoprene in between for comfort.

Side note: Mark Craighead (Founder of CrossBreed Holsters) died on 8/24/12 aged 43 from a heart attack. Family requested that memorial contributions be made to Wounded Warrior Project in lieu of flowers. Ironically he was formerly a Cardiac RN.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Sorry to hear about Mark Craigheads passing. Hope his family finds some peace.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Got a Theis holster for Christmas. Same concept as crossbreed. Horsehide with Kydex clips that don't scratch up car leather.

Starting to break in and it's extremely comfortable for all day wear. Full size .45 disappears into the pantline and has great weight distribution.

Had some squeek when I first started wearing it due to the new leather, so I put some moleskin under the clips between them and the leather and it took care of the noise immediately.

Great product. Lifetime warranty from Tommy Theis and great customer service.

Highly recommended product and company.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

cams wrote:Got a Theis holster for Christmas. Same concept as crossbreed. Horsehide with Kydex clips that don't scratch up car leather.

Starting to break in and it's extremely comfortable for all day wear. Full size .45 disappears into the pantline and has great weight distribution.

Had some squeek when I first started wearing it due to the new leather, so I put some moleskin under the clips between them and the leather and it took care of the noise immediately.

Great product. Lifetime warranty from Tommy Theis and great customer service.

Highly recommended product and company.
Awesome, I was thinking of getting one if I ever pull the trigger on the XDS I have been eying. Sure cant beat the price compared to the Crossbreed.

How long did it take to get your holster?
Also, I use leather conditioner during break in and once every couple months if I start to hear squeaking. It sure does make it more comfortable on the skin.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Great price on his holsters. Took about 2 weeks after the order was placed to receive it. This was at Christmas time when mail is always slow too, not bad turnaround time at all.

I used saddle soap around the leather, but the moleskin took care of the noise as soon as I put it on. I'll definitely use your idea and keep treating it as time goes on, it's starting to take shape but is new leather so kind of stiff yet. Even so it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn as far as IWB.

Retention seemed very tight at first, could hardly get the weapon seated and I didn't think I'd like it but after working it in and out dozens of times and setting a groove in the leather and shaving just a bit of Kydex off as it did, it now seats nicely, draw is smooth and easy, and reholstering is the same.

Something to consider which I didn't think of before ordering; depending on what type of belt you wear. I generally will wear a riggers type belt under a tshirt because of the stiffener and ease of adjustment with the Velcro. But the Kydex clips I got don't fit the 2" belt, I was disappointed by this, but found a 1.75" belt with stiffener from 5-11 gear that works well.

He also makes IWB mag holders using the same concept.

Speaking of, I bought 2 Wilson Combat 8rd mags today, $85.00 f'ing dollars. Didnt even get a reach around. Highway robbery.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Speaking of, I bought 2 Wilson Combat 8rd mags today, $85.00 f'ing dollars. Didnt even get a reach around. Highway robbery.[/quote]

Next time you need mags, check out the Tripp research mags, they used to have 3 packs for 100.00. I have never read a bad review and they will definitely be my next mag purchase. Also, let us know how the mag holder works out.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RMP-RLTW wrote:Speaking of, I bought 2 Wilson Combat 8rd mags today, $85.00 f'ing dollars. Didnt even get a reach around. Highway robbery.
Next time you need mags, check out the Tripp research mags, they used to have 3 packs for 100.00. I have never read a bad review and they will definitely be my next mag purchase. Also, let us know how the mag holder works out.

Ryan
RLTW![/quote]

Nice. Ill look into that. Thx.
I won't be ordering a mag holder anytime soon. I have a single Fobus clip on that I use for now.
Maybe next Christmas as a treat to myself.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Just purchased my second Theis Holster, this one for a Sig P938.

Turn around time from order to door was one week. Fit and tension is perfect.

With the weight and small size of this weapon and the weight distribution of these holsters, it's barely noticeable that I'm even carrying and zero print with just a normal tshirt and jeans.

The only thing that reminds me right now is the stiffness of the new leather, but once treated and broke in it will be the bomb diggity of a comfort rig.

Can't say enough good things about Tommy's holsters, service and speed. And all with a lifetime warranty and a money back guarantee if you don't like the product.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Personal Gear”