LBE & drop leg holster

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I used what the Army gave me, so it was likely a POS. 8)
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

PocketKings wrote:I used what the Army gave me, so it was likely a POS. 8)
Unfortunately I am sure it was. I see it time and again. Reminds me of the dilemma we had with the POS Molle rucksack when it was introduced...
Strykerguy56
Tadpole

Post by Strykerguy56 »

Bruteforce,
Did you ever get a solution for the leg straps being too short on your BH rig? I picked up one yesterday and I can't wear it up high enough on my thigh due to the straps being too short. Im not overly huge (6'1" 195), so this was kinda a surprise when I went to put it on. Did ya find anything after market for it, or does the elastic eventually stretch out?
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Strykerguy56 wrote:Bruteforce,
Did you ever get a solution for the leg straps being too short on your BH rig? I picked up one yesterday and I can't wear it up high enough on my thigh due to the straps being too short. Im not overly huge (6'1" 195), so this was kinda a surprise when I went to put it on. Did ya find anything after market for it, or does the elastic eventually stretch out?
My solution was to buy another one with much larger thigh straps. It's seen much use and is working well, without constricting blood flow or being painful to wear.

The other one will be modified and mounted to the shoulder straps on my pack and will no longer be used on the thigh.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Which BH rig are you guys talking about with the straps too short?

I have some fairly large legs, and the BH Serpa CQC platform that I have... the one with the plastic platform fits fine.

I prefer my leg holster to be as HIGH up towards my hip as I can get it. Most of the time, I don't even use the top strap, because it's so high. Almost like a hip holster, it helps in transitions while you are on the move.

You mothers must have tree trunks for legs.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

GSXRanger wrote:Which BH rig are you guys talking about with the straps too short?

I have some fairly large legs, and the BH Serpa CQC platform that I have... the one with the plastic platform fits fine.

I prefer my leg holster to be as HIGH up towards my hip as I can get it. Most of the time, I don't even use the top strap, because it's so high. Almost like a hip holster, it helps in transitions while you are on the move.

You mothers must have tree trunks for legs.
The first thigh holster was not by Blackhawk. I don't even recall the brand right now, but the straps were seemingly made for a much smaller person.

Unfortunately, the local stores (FLEO/LEO/MIL) never seem to have the items in stock that I'm looking for, so I find myself purchasing gear off the Internet without the opportunity to try it out first. :?
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Here's the one I have... the straps are actually "stretchy"... if that makes sense. I am a very avid Mtn Biker, so my legs are pretty big. I am not a Body Builder by any stretch of the imagination, but... this holster fits me fine.

http://www.tactical.com/foliage-green-t ... forms.html

I use that platform, and the CQC Serpa holster. It is held on with three screws, and I have holsters for all of my sidearms.

This is what I have set up for my G17T (Simunition) gun now... works like a champ.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Strykerguy56
Tadpole

Post by Strykerguy56 »

Im using the same one. Im thinking it's just a matter of not being used to it yet. Up until this point I was using the POS one I got issued from my unit. Basically just the standard pistol holder with a half molle rig for your leg. The holster was terrible for any kind of fast draw and the single strap around the leg (think a little skinnier than 1" webbing) did nothing for securing it in place. I'll just drive on and see what happens. Like I said before, my legs def aren't tree trunks. It's just a matter of the whole system being straight outta the box and new to me. We'll see

Return to “Personal Gear”