What would be your favorite knife to own?

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I like my cold steel srk.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Dafid Ranger wrote:This one is pretty nice as well. From the guys who brought you the Yarborough Knife.

http://www.chrisreeve.com/pacific.htm
I wanted a chris reeves knife for a long time now sorta glad I didnt get one.

http://www.knifetests.com/

Interesting site with some extreme tests, some knife live up to thier marketing hype most dont

http://www.knifetests.com/ChrisReeveGre ... DTest.html
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Re: What would be your favorite knife to own?

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I just picked up a Kershaw Shallot for $25 on evilbay. This is my first Kershaw, and I'm totally impressed. It's a frame lock, assisted opener, and it's almost as quick to open as my auto Benchmade.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Thor
Future Soldier

Post by Thor »

This here is a hardcore knife! Wouldn't want to get hit with one of these things!

"Introducing the WASP Injection Knife. A multi-shot gas injection weapon that is devastating to any living creature and will drop some of the largest mammals in a single stab. This easy-to-use, easy-to-reload weapon delivers up to a 24g shot of compressed gas at 800 psi. on land or underwater. It is silent when used and deadly to our enemies. No need to take a chance that the enemy can come back to attack you."

Here it is in action:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And their website:
http://www.waspknife.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Reed
Ranger

Post by Ranger Reed »

For a field knife I use a Kershaw Black Horse II, 3 3/4" lock blade w/ fitted poly grip. Can use it as a p38 and still shave with it. My 8yr old son has a Kershaw DWO of his own so he can sharpen sticks while I widdle.
Cco 3/75th 2nd Plt 1st Sqd 92-93
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I received a new in box Gerber LMF II Coyote brown for $65 this morning. Appears to be very well made and I like the Portland Oregon USA on the blade. :D
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Caveman's_Kid
Soldier

Post by Caveman's_Kid »

Nothing says loving as much as beaning someone upside the head like El Kabong
"Per quislibet facultas necessarius"
~By Any Means Necessary
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

The best knife I ever bought was a Microtech automatic opening, with a hidden trigger. I was looking at it, at a show, Opened it up and closed it a couple times. Put it down on the table and started walking away. A few seconds later I felt something wet in my hand and looked down to see blood dripping from my finger. That damn thing was so sharp, I didn't even feel the cut. I turned around walked back to the table and threw my $200 down, and bought it. LOL
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Rangeratlarge
Ranger

Post by Rangeratlarge »

Daily carry (off duty) is an emerson commander. Have had it since 99. Had several offers since to trade for a NEW same commander 'cause they changed metal and scales since. Has been a great folder for years. Went through Astan without blinking and has a very broken in look to it. Only issue has been the grind/curve combo on the blade is very difficult to sharpen.

Carried a tomahawk all through Astan. The locals got pretty freaked by it when I pulled it out. First started carrying it not knowing if it would get used much, but found it very handy day to day and worth the weight.

On duty I have a leatherman wave on my belt and a SOG flash II in my off hand sap pocket. Used to carry my Zero Tolerance Ranger green 301 folder but realized if I had to use it on a bad guy it was BYE, BYE to the expensive knife (would be seized as evidence). So went to a SOG as it was much cheaper and I consider it throw away.

Ral
Class 8-89
1/75 (x2)
3/75
4th RTB
10th LRSD (x2)
Rangeratlarge
Ranger

Post by Rangeratlarge »

Am an emerson fan but surprised it hasn't been mentioned here much!
Class 8-89
1/75 (x2)
3/75
4th RTB
10th LRSD (x2)
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Rangeratlarge wrote:Am an emerson fan but surprised it hasn't been mentioned here much!
Once owned a Gerber/Emerson Alliance auto. Sturdy, well constructed and bullet proof. Sold it to a rook and bought my Microtech.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Ginzu. Cuts tin cans and chops wood, or at least thats what they said on television.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

The problem is which to carry. I own so many knives I end up taking more than I need. I just want to know what to do with my Gerbers and other big shit that I can't use hunting or camping. I can't bear to sell them but, I have had them around for 30 years now, It would be nice to pass them on to my Son, but he's not interested in the military.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79

Return to “Personal Gear”