Black Hawk Helicopters

Moving in and around an area of operations. Helicopters, Bikes, RSOVs, Zodiac's, etc...
Bandito
Ranger

Post by Bandito »

zenk0006 wrote:Cbar, yeah those Customs boys have that shiny black paint and wipe their A/C with a diaper. Bunch o' dip shits really. While they use NVGs to fly, they rarely drop below 500'. Seems that's the reason that so many of us active and reserve guys fly drug interdiction missions for JTF-Bravo. We are more than happy to fly low, fast, at night, no lights, over the ocean or desert with no reference to the horizon. More pucker factor than I ever felt in the Bat!
Zenk,

I can relate to Customs Pilots. Have you ever flown with the BP Pilots? I will tell you what, some of those guys are first rate! Many of them are flying Vietnam era OH-6s, they drive those things like friggen' sports cars. These guys can track a group through the brush and consistently whack brush with their rotors supporting us on SRT. I fly with them on occasions and it amazes me how these guys when looking for sign or people, will maneauver that thing like a car, sideways, reverse, etc.
Bco 2/75 1992-1996
RS Class 8-93
Owner and Director of Operations, IRONCLAD Concepts and Solutions
https://www.ironclad-cs.com
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

The only time I clipped anything to a bird during a ride was when we were on the the pods of a LITTLE BIRD.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

You forget where I work Sloth, we don’t get BP helicopters out this way. We had one or two show up in the grids and after arguing awhile about which way was north they left. Fucking asshole made like 2 sweeps over the area and says “well I don’t see no tracks so I’m leavingâ€
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Bandito
Ranger

Post by Bandito »

Cbar,

I can only speak for a couple of pilots, J.K., S.T., F105 (M.P.), and F101.

The others have, on occasion, amazed me with their utter ability to do absolutely nothing...typical for the government though. We usually request certain pilots.

I know that F105 and J.K. are interested in becoming dedicated SRT pilots when we go permanent. The Commander's position was just announced nationwide.
Bco 2/75 1992-1996
RS Class 8-93
Owner and Director of Operations, IRONCLAD Concepts and Solutions
https://www.ironclad-cs.com
want2race
Ranger

Post by want2race »

I loved telling the MH6 pilots "I bet you can't scare the new guy". Or, "hey your partner in the other bird says you fly like a pussy".

That usually got us a decent ride out of it.

Although, we rode in a CH47 to exfil out of our last jungle mission in Panama. That was the first time I've ever been sideways looking at the ground in a 47. The dude was nippin tree tops and carving the valleys IN A 47! That was the most memorable ride I've ever had. The things that pilot was doing in such a huge helo amazed me.
C. Co 2nd Bn 93-98, Class 10-94

Mall-Ninja? Nope. I run the Dojo.
joepilot
Ranger

Post by joepilot »

I know this thread has been down for a while, but any one have any feedback on hawks transporting rgr's in OEF?
Thanks
C co 1/75 98-01
RGR class 07-99
Never Leave Batt......Never
joepilot
Ranger

Post by joepilot »

Ya Ya FNG but how do I get to the photo gallery?
C co 1/75 98-01
RGR class 07-99
joepilot
Ranger

Post by joepilot »

C co 1/75 98-01
RGR class 07-99
joepilot
Ranger

Post by joepilot »

C co 1/75 98-01
RGR class 07-99
Tater Nuts
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Tater Nuts »

By repeating it three times and clicking your heels together. :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually you have to request acess and password in the work request forum I believe.
A Co. 1/75 79-81
RIP 4-79 (Honor Grad)
class 4-80 (white thread)

Return to “Ranger Transportation”