New guy intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rehevam
Tadpole

New guy intro

Post by rehevam »

Hi Rangers,

I've been lurking here for a while. This is a great site. Thanks for all BS-free the info you put out there.

I started out Army life in 1990 as a REMF intel guy. Learned Arabic at DLI and served about 2.5 years' worth of TDY's in the Middle East and Africa. Attained the rank of SGT, and got out in September 1995.

I started college and joined the reserves with some crappy Psyop unit in DC. Didn't like Psyop, so I moved on.

I moved on to the Guard with the 20th Group out of MD. Was in the SF candidate platoon for a while and loved it. I realized I never wanted to be a REMF again.

During the middle of college, got the opportunity to move to TX, so I jumped on it. Joined up with a 120 mm mortar platoon in 1/112 Armor, serving as a squad leader. I got out around Spring 2001 because of some health issues with my wife (which have since improved).

Finally graduated college in 2003 and worked for several years, hating being a civilian. Couldn't take it any more, so in March 2007 I went down to MEPS and signed up with a grunt NG unit near my house, and started OCS.

Got my branch assignment last Saturday. Going Infantry! Assuming I pass my patrols in phase III, first two weeks of August, I'll commission as a 2LT, 1st weekend of September.

Sorry so long, but hey, I'm old...
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome..BTW..You are not old. When you get your bars pinned..Remember..Your main priority is to take care of your troops.
Good Luck with your endevors.
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rehevam
Tadpole

Post by rehevam »

Thanks for the welcomes Rangers.

My Arabic is extremely rusty, although I get a chance to practice once in a while with this Palestinian chick at work. I think if I was immersed in it again over there, I'd be able to come back up to speed after a couple of months.

LRP1, thanks for the advice. It's a humbling thought to know that I'll be responsible for the lives of about 40 young men, most likely in combat before too long. I lose sleep over it, but it's one of the reasons I came back.

I hope my enlisted experience will give me a leg up in the taking care of troops department over some of the other new butter bars I'll be working with. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here.

PM (Private Message) inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Here's your chance to complete that SF path you began. Texas is standing up a company in the 19th SFGA.

Congrats on your commision.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

mcollier wrote:I hope my enlisted experience will give me a leg up in the taking care of troops department over some of the other new butter bars I'll be working with. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.
You will and it will. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Atilla83
Inprocessing

Post by Atilla83 »

Ahlan wa Sahlan wa tasharafna hoonaa.
1LT 11A IN USA
C C0 (LRS)(ABN) 2-38CAV (III CORPS LRS); 1st LAR BN 1st MARDIV 02-06
Ranger Class 08-12
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
rehevam
Tadpole

Post by rehevam »

Alfi Shukr ya Attila! Mumkin nigdar numaris al arabi shwueia, min hainan ila uqt!! Tehki kethir? Ou shwueia bis?
Here's your chance to complete that SF path you began. Texas is standing up a company in the 19th SFGA.
Ranger K.I., taking it one step at a time for now. I've got a lotta suck to absorb yet before I even get to that point.

However; don't think that thought isn't boring a hole in the back of my mind everyday... :twisted:

Return to “Introduction Archive”