My Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

H75thRangers
Ranger

Post by H75thRangers »

C.I.B. Mike.......Welcome Home! Thanks for taking the fight to the enemy and letting them die for their country. Excellent job, sorry 'bout the wound. Your a Hero in my book for going when most don't, doing what most can't and coming back with conviction and valor. :twisted:
H Co(Rgr) 75th Inf(Abn) 1st Cav RVN 9/69-5/72
3d Bde (Abn) 101st Abn Div Ft Campbell '72-'74
CENTAG, Seckenheim, Germany '74-'77

If you kill for pleasure, you're a sadist...
If you kill for money, you're a mercenary...
If you kill for both, you're a RANGER!!!
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Welcome back (and home), and thank you for your service and sharing your story.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

Thank you Rangers, Vets, and everyone eles for the words. I'm doing great i have a titanium plate in the right side of my head. Alot of pople even guy in the Army are asking me why do i wanna stay in, I'm like"I guess i take the Army values to heart" I recovered more quickly then the doctors thought i would, but the only reason for that is i thought the sooner i get better the sooner i can be back with my guys and be back in the fight! I'm am a infantryman and i take the fight to the enemy.
What happened were patrolling in the market my humvee was sitting there, some bad guy started shotting up the market so i got ready to ne engagded i seen a guy poke his head around the corner and pop a shot at me and right i as i got ready to return fire thats when the sniper hit me, i fell down in the humvee and my team leader jumped in the back to do cls on me and he said he's gone!
I wasn't breething and nor did i have a pulse, my team stepped on my head my mistake and as he did i took a deep breath in so they rushed ne to the cache to get medical attention, my team leaders in the turret now and i'm goin "SGT i gotta get back behind my gun", "I gotta job to do" and he's going "Russell lay the fuck down bro" So i get to the cache and i'm surrounded by doctors and news crews. They take me to prepare surgery and as they're doing this some CNN reporters come busting in taking pictures of me and my team leaders like "what the f*** are you doing?" They go "we gotta get the news!" i barely even know what the fuck is going on i'm getting pissed. becuase my mom doesn't even know i've gotten shot!! She found out i got shot just by happening to be watching cnn and she seen they were talking about soldier gotten shot by sniper and lives! So they call her after she finds out and tell her and she's like i already know!! Long story short when i first joined the army i chose Infantry it wasn't forced on me!! Call me crazy, but if it means me fighting or giving my life to protect my guys beside me and the ones i love back here in the states then i'll go and fight!!
Sorry for the making this so long i just have alot to say. Till this day i still want to be back with my guys there comming home slowly, but surely.
Once again Thank You all for the words.
PS Is there a way to fight med board? They're kinda forcing me out I've only been in 2yrs now i want to stay in and stay infantry. My goal has always to become a Ranger, now it seems as if the doctors are going "oh well, it sucks but bye!"
people found out i'm getting 100% from the Army and are saying "hey dude i'd take that shit and run", but i don't want it i just wanna finish my enlistment term, reup and move to bigger and better things! I've seen shit in iraq that noone has seen. I had to put a 3yr old little girl ion a body bag cause the fucking insurgents beheaded her because her father was giving us intel on locations of some bad guys! I hated that day i wanted to be home so bad, but i drove on! I wish i could do it all over again from killing the retards i killed to handing out teddy bears and soccer balls to the kids on christmas day. The fucked up thing about it my fiance sent me a letter the day before i got shot.
Funny how things work out........i'm not giving up on staying in though!
But agina sorry for the long message and i really appriciate the words from everyone.
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Bro, first off; I'm glad you're OK. Thanks for doing what you did.

Second off; I know you think you need to do more, but you don't. If they are boarding you, they are doing it for a reason. Doctors tend to know the best thing for you. This board is chock full of dudes who had to punch out of a career early for wounds, injuries, etc. It sucks, I know, but its probably the best thing for you and your buddies.

You will always have a PH and CIB. Two things a lot of us don't have. Those are the Army values right there. The Army marches on, while the soldier gets broken and old. That's the way it is and as long as there are Infantryman, the way it always will be.

There are other ways to support your buds. Granted, they don't compare with watching their six on patrol, but they still help. Heal up and find another way.

Again, thanks for putting yourself out there for us back here.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Welcome home Warrior.......
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
hatchetman81
Egg

Post by hatchetman81 »

Welcome home and prayers for a speedy recovery.

hatchetman81
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

Welcome
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

once again thank you!!!
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
Currahee

RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome home warrior.

Keep talking to those who understand.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome home Warrior. Heal up.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

Thank You for the advice Ranger JLTW, I've been working and i'm getting better the doctors are amazed at how well i'm doing. I'm talking to some other people as well and there is a chance i can stay in...so with that said i'm gonna continue to drive on....and keep pushing and never quit!
Thanks
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
Currahee

RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Michael,
You are fortunate to have survived, and I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to remain on active duty. If, on the other hand, you get a medical discharge, go back to school and become a successful and productive member of society. Whatever you do -- do it well.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”