Introduction - Adam

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Booker
Embryo

Introduction - Adam

Post by Booker »

Yoski Rangers, Ranger parents, or anyone else who will read this. Names Adam, I am a senior in high-school, graduation this year. Huzzah! I myself am interested in joining the Army and becoming an Army Ranger. My dad and uncle were both in the Navy and I figured I'd continue the family tradition of going into the Military. I've always wanted to go into the Military for the longest time. And hey, I'll be able to accomplish what I've always wanted. Pretty awesome, if you ask me. Excuse the mass amounts of rambling that goes on, I tend to do that from time to time.

Anyway, I am graduating this year, and right now, I am working on a Lobster Pound on and off, it's pretty good in helping me get in better shape. Yup, keyword being better. I slacked off on it for a long time, and I decided to give myself a kick in the pants and got working on it. Nothing ever comes free, after-all.

My introduction! It probably sucks, but it is what it is. Have a good day all!

~A
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Adam

Post by Jim »

Adam, if you really want to earn a place in thee 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. The search feature, located in the top right of this page is your friend. Almost every question you may have has been addr4essed at least once. Please self administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

xray wrote:Welcome - I had more to say but you pretty much summed it up!!!!
My introduction! It probably sucks, but it is what it is. Have a good day all!
:roll: Much to learn, grasshopper, much to learn.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Booker
Embryo

Post by Booker »

Thanks for the replies Rangers Xray, Jim, and Lefty. If that isn't the right procedure to type out more than one Rangers' name, then by all means, ram it into my skull so that I shall never forget.

Ranger Jim: By all means, no disrespect going out here, but if I were to do a self administered PT test, it would suck complete ass. But, I'll get around to it. Yup, no faith in myself, but I find that a motivator, if I do better than I thought then it is a small victory that I shall be happy 'bout.

Also! If I do something wrong, or piss anyone off, or don't answer a question right or so forth, then by all means, kick me in the pants till I get it. I'm generally a nice going, relaxing type of guy. I joke around a lot and am rarely serious. Having fun is what I like to do.

This probably sucked, but it is what it is. Have a good day all!

~A
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Booker wrote:Ranger Jim: By all means, no disrespect going out here, but if I were to do a self administered PT test, it would suck complete ass. But, I'll get around to it. Yup, no faith in myself, but I find that a motivator, if I do better than I thought then it is a small victory that I shall be happy 'bout.

Also! If I do something wrong, or piss anyone off, or don't answer a question right or so forth, then by all means, kick me in the pants till I get it. I'm generally a nice going, relaxing type of guy. I joke around a lot and am rarely serious. Having fun is what I like to do.

This probably sucked, but it is what it is. Have a good day all!

~A
Adam:
The reason I gave you that task is so we would establish a baseline. Let me put it to you bluntly, I'm not one of your parents, nor one of your teachers, I do not have to tolerate a poor attitude on your part. Rather, As you can see, I have spent countless hours on this site hopefully ensuring that the best and brightest earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Now, please conduct a self-administered PT test and post the results on this thread not later than Midnight, Sunday, 25 November 2012. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Adam, welcome. I highly suggest that if Ranger is your goal, you follow Ranger Jim's and others advice to the letter. Ranger Jim is polite to everyone because he wants you to succeed, but you really do not want to piss off one of the most respected men of this site, and widely respected throughout the Ranger and SpecOps community, yes, Ranger Jim, he has more time in service than you have in life.

Secondly, immediately stop with "yup", "ya", "this probably sucks", and "it is what it is".
It makes you sound unprofessional, unmotivated and unworthy of this sites members to give you any assistance.

Speak in clear concise sentences using proper grammer and English when spoken to.

Read more, post less. But do, do, follow Ranger Jim's advice to the letter.

Every step you take is forever, you can never take them back young man.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Booker
Embryo

Post by Booker »

Thank you Ranger Cams for the advice. Sorry Ranger Jim if I did offend you, not my intention.

Self-administered PT scores:

Push ups: 50
Sit ups: 62
2-mile run: 19:30

I needs to run more and get my legs more strength. And do more with my arms. I also got a question, but I am not sure where it goes. So, should I ask it here?

Have a good day all!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Booker wrote:Thank you Ranger Cams for the advice. Sorry Ranger Jim if I did offend you, not my intention.

Self-administered PT scores:

Push ups: 50
Sit ups: 62
2-mile run: 19:30

I needs to run more and get my legs more strength. And do more with my arms. I also got a question, but I am not sure where it goes. So, should I ask it here?

Have a good day all!
Ask nothing and say nothing until Ranger Jim responds to you. In the meantime use the search button and look for your question and/or answer on the site, I'm sure it's been asked here before, we didn't start doing this yesterday.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:Adam, if you really want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. The search feature, located in the top right of this page is your friend. Almost every question you may have has been addressed at least once. Please self administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
I sent you this message early on. Have you read all the FAQs, etc? Have you used the search feature?

You now have a PT baseline to at least show you where you need work.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Booker
Embryo

Post by Booker »

Thank you for the reply Ranger Jim, and thanks Ranger Cams. I have used read the FAQ's, and used the search feature. Only twice it was mentioned and both of them were to a video.

This is my question, not really sure where to stick it.

Would having a very mild case of Tourette's Syndrome impede my ability to join the Army or Army Rangers? I asked a few recruiters a while back and one said no-go, can't join, one said maybe depending on the severity , and one said yes it'd be no problem at all. All in all, I am kinda confused on what the overall answer would be.

My PT does need to be worked on. Run more, do more working out and so forth.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Booker wrote:.Would having a very mild case of Tourette's Syndrome impede my ability to join the Army or Army Rangers? I asked a few recruiters a while back and one said no-go, can't join, one said maybe depending on the severity , and one said yes it'd be no problem at all. All in all, I am kinda confused on what the overall answer would be.
I do not know the answer. The office of the Surgeon General of the Army has to grant the Waiver. Your local MEPS submits the request for waiver. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I would think an inability to stay still or random uncontrolled vocal tics may have an adverse effect on missions where stealth or good verbal communication is a necessity.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Booker
Embryo

Post by Booker »

Thank you for the replies Ranger Jim, Rangertough.

Sorry for this late reply, been busy working and schooling and so forth.

My Tourette's is an odd one. It's not a serious type, but it also is slightly noticeable. I have some slight facial twitches, or tics. And a slight stutter here and there, but when I work and do activities, my stutter is all but gone. The tics remain though. But it's mainly like eyebrow twitches, or ear twitches, or every-now and again lip twitch. As for staying still, I can stay still but I developed this twitch tic thing, where I like, flex my muscles and it moves my legs though it's slight and not really noticeable, I only do it when sitting though.

I also called up and met with a Recruiter the other day, and got one of the few answers I kind of expected, it's up in the air and it depends on the severity. He told me that I needed a waiver, and I told him that another Recruiter said that I was fine for no waiver. We pretty much went 'round in a circle for a bit till I left.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I was not telling you it was a no go. By you're response you got that. Thank you for clarifying your condition.

Best of luck. Keep improving your PT and knowledge base.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.

Return to “Introduction Archive”