Introduction - Seth

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Seth

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreicated. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Did he say fuckin'...."frisbie"?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
abc123
Embryo

Post by abc123 »

Just curious, are you considering dropping out of college/ROTC and going to enlist to get into a Batt or are you trying to get into the SOF community as an officer?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

user name changed from Notquiting to: NotQuitting

Post by Steadfast »

user name changed from Notquiting to: NotQuitting

as per his request via PM to me.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Did he say fuckin'...."frisbie"?
Think so, but my question....is "strove" a word? :?
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

NotQuitting wrote:IEDmagnet, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/strove.
Noted, and thanks for the enlightenment.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
abc123
Embryo

Post by abc123 »

Noted, wasn't sure if you were expecting to go straight to Reg as an officer or what.

As pertaining to the type of man you want to be, I can not speak as to what specifically going to Reg will do to you, simply because I have not been. However, I do know that if you are seeking to be a man, or change who you are, to be a better/different person, that change must occur within yourself buddy. I don't know specifically who you are aiming to be or become, but you cannot rest your hope in others to make you into the person you want to be. Again only you can do that. Furthermore, if you allow others to do that for you, you will in not be yourself, in a sense you will lose ownership of yourself.

Come to understanding and vision of what the "changed you" looks like, take stock of you are now, and have the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual (as it pertains to your life) discipline to become that which you desire to be. Simply going to a unit, changing your degree, getting a job, a wife, etc may not realize the changes you want, instead, you yourself must take courage and be the man you want be...in short it starts with, its who you are, not your job that defines your masculinity.

...just 2 cents
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

abc123 wrote:Noted, wasn't sure if you were expecting to go straight to Reg as an officer or what.

As pertaining to the type of man you want to be, I can not speak as to what specifically going to Reg will do to you, simply because I have not been. However, I do know that if you are seeking to be a man, or change who you are, to be a better/different person, that change must occur within yourself buddy. I don't know specifically who you are aiming to be or become, but you cannot rest your hope in others to make you into the person you want to be. Again only you can do that. Furthermore, if you allow others to do that for you, you will in not be yourself, in a sense you will lose ownership of yourself.

Come to understanding and vision of what the "changed you" looks like, take stock of you are now, and have the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual (as it pertains to your life) discipline to become that which you desire to be. Simply going to a unit, changing your degree, getting a job, a wife, etc may not realize the changes you want, instead, you yourself must take courage and be the man you want be...in short it starts with, its who you are, not your job that defines your masculinity.

...just 2 cents
Hey Dr. Phil, take your love juice over to PM's. I'm sure you've already read your ROE PM's that you received when you arrived at our doorstep.

Secondly, since you've never been to the 75th REGIMENT, as you yourself stated, if and when you speak of it, as it is our home, the 75th Regiment, please do not assume the comfortable posture of abbreviating that title as you see fit.

STFU and carry on.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”