Intro.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerRon wrote:
cams wrote:
RangerRon wrote: Hey Ranger Cams, between you and me, what do you think of this guy?? :)
'Bout the same thing I think when I look at anybody Ranger Ron. What are his eyes doing? Right or left handed for circling? Weapon buldges? Where's his weak point and how fast is he?
Doesn't seem to be too fast! :lol:
Nope. Reckon' not. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

someguy wrote:I'm sorry I dont meet the character standards. I will work on those as well.

I've read the PT section here and will try to use the run improvement section as my new regimen to try and improve my shitty run times.

I guess I got behind on my entries. Someguy, you have only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Frankly, you have not been a success at that. If you truly want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. In spite of what you seem to imply, we are not here to harass you, rather, this site has assisted countless young men in their quest to serve proudly. I want you to begin by reading all the FAQs as well as selected stickies and threads. I see you have found the PT thread -- that's a start. There are few questions that have not been asked and answered -- the search feature is your friend. I remain undecided. Please tell us what efforts you have made to obtain an option 40. What are you doing to prepare yourself for entering the Army?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

cams wrote:
RangerRon wrote:
cams wrote: 'Bout the same thing I think when I look at anybody Ranger Ron. What are his eyes doing? Right or left handed for circling? Weapon buldges? Where's his weak point and how fast is he?
Doesn't seem to be too fast! :lol:
Nope. Reckon' not. 8)
Go-ahead Cams.. take him down
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

Ranger Jim, I've read all of the stickies and I've come to a conclusion. I'm currently a bag of shit and need to work my ass off. I'm sorry if I've implied any type of negativity. I'm qutting my job and am going to focus on PT. The BCT and OSUT recap was very motivating, I would like to thank you all for taking the time out of your days to post information so that people like myself can gain from it.

Obtaining my Option 40 was not a problem. I was at MEPS a few months prior to go for the reserves but that didn't pan out. I ended up getting the slot from the recruiter’s office; went in the following day to MEPS and sign.

After browsing through some of the wannabe made Ranger post's I noticed that all of them could whip the shit out of me in PT. That alone has made an impression on me. I went out for a 2 miler today and ran my ass off to complete it in 12:03. One of the Ranger members posted in another thread that if you are not dry-heaving or feel like puking at the end of the run then you are not pushing yourself enough. Today I pushed myself to that point.

I understand that I am dealing with A type personalities here. I apologize for not acknowledging that initially. I hope that in the next few months I can build a more favorable view of myself. My first goal is to PT my ass off and come on here a day before I ship to report my progress. In the meantime of PT'ing and going to school... I will read, read, and read some more.

Thank you for your service. I can only hope one day to be what you've been.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I can't believe I don't read this intros as often as I should.

:lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
rj50
US Army Veteran

Post by rj50 »

Running a 12 is harder than it sounds uh? If what you're saying is true, you're in better shape than most of the guys that will show up at OSUT with you.

Best of luck.
11B, 25th ID (2/27 inf Aco & HHC "Scouts") 99-02. Current LEO.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

someguy wrote:Ranger Jim, I've read all of the stickies and I've come to a conclusion. I'm currently a bag of shit and need to work my ass off. I'm sorry if I've implied any type of negativity. I'm qutting my job and am going to focus on PT. The BCT and OSUT recap was very motivating, I would like to thank you all for taking the time out of your days to post information so that people like myself can gain from it.

Obtaining my Option 40 was not a problem. I was at MEPS a few months prior to go for the reserves but that didn't pan out. I ended up getting the slot from the recruiter’s office; went in the following day to MEPS and sign.

After browsing through some of the wannabe made Ranger post's I noticed that all of them could whip the shit out of me in PT. That alone has made an impression on me. I went out for a 2 miler today and ran my ass off to complete it in 12:03. One of the Ranger members posted in another thread that if you are not dry-heaving or feel like puking at the end of the run then you are not pushing yourself enough. Today I pushed myself to that point.

I understand that I am dealing with A type personalities here. I apologize for not acknowledging that initially. I hope that in the next few months I can build a more favorable view of myself. My first goal is to PT my ass off and come on here a day before I ship to report my progress. In the meantime of PT'ing and going to school... I will read, read, and read some more.

Nice recovery after a poor start. If you're lucky, you'll learn in the not too distant future that you continually have to prove that you belong. Every day you have to earn your place. You might as well get used to that idea now.

Getting in is the easy part.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

someguy wrote:Ranger Jim, I've read all of the stickies and I've come to a conclusion. I'm currently a bag of shit and need to work my ass off. I'm sorry if I've implied any type of negativity. I'm qutting my job and am going to focus on PT. The BCT and OSUT recap was very motivating, I would like to thank you all for taking the time out of your days to post information so that people like myself can gain from it.

My direction was to read the FAQs; somehow I doubt that you read all the stickies because of the elapsed time and the number of stickies. Otherwise it was a good recovery. Don't be down on yourself. That's our job.

I don't think we are all Type A's, just men who have a great deal of self confidence. I gotta tell you that on the whole, I'd rather hang out with this gaggle of social misfits than most of the people I know. I trust most of them. Most of the time.

I hope you aren't calling us has beens.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I trust most of them. Most of the time.

That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Just goes to show you can be nice to some people.

He may as well have called you a Fag.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hit_it wrote:
I trust most of them. Most of the time.

That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Just goes to show you can be nice to some people.

He may as well have called you a Fag.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

Jim wrote:
someguy wrote:Thank you for your service. I can only hope one day to be what you've been.

Ranger Jim,
I don't believe there was ever a group of men who left behind a legacy such as the members of the 75th Ranger Regiment that could ever be considered has beens. The Rangers of D-Day may have been forgotten by some but to this day we are benefiting from their scrafices.

What I meant was, I would be honoured to walk in your path and can only hope that one day I can Ranger half as good as yourself.
someguy
Tadpole

Post by someguy »

Cliv03 wrote:Someguy Wrote:
we are benefiting from their scrafices.

Did you mean we benefited from thier scars? Orrrr....Is your favorite move Scarface? :? :? :?
Ranger Cliv03,
I apologize for the grammar; the word I was trying to use was sacrifices
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

Inquiring minds want to know about this vacant character gap!
Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)
rangerrg_c75
LRRP/Ranger

Post by rangerrg_c75 »

Over 24 hours and still waiting!
Served: 1st Plt C/75 1969-71
MACV Recondo Aug '69
RS 6-78
C Co 2/75th 78-81 B Co/HHC 7th RTB 91-93 (Retired)

Return to “Introduction Archive”