Intro-Civilian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rett
US Army

Intro-Civilian

Post by Rett »

Hello Rangers, my name is Rett, I'm 18 and graduated high school in June of '06. Had surgery on my knee in April of '06, and just completed my 10-12 month rehab. I would have enlisted when I graduated, but the surgery set me back, now that my knee is back up to speed, I feel that I'm ready to enlist.
SAVAGE^
Infantryman

Post by SAVAGE^ »

Welcome To ArmyRanger.com, PM Inbound
RRDTm3's bitch
In Airborne hold

"It Only Sucks While Your Doing It"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Rett,
I was going to say something about frankly not giving a damn, but thought that might go over a few peoples heads. :D

Welcome to the site and thanks for your desire to serve our great country. Have you decided what you want to do yet? Ranger perhaps or other? You say that knee is fixed pretty good? How is your PT? Running, situps and pushups etc...?
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Ranger RTO,
I want to go Ranger, but not right off the bat. I want 11X and ABN in my contract, then gain some experience with a standard airborne unit, the apply for RIP later on.

And the knee, they did a pretty damn good job on it. The surgery did require a screw, but I've been told it's nothing that can't be waived. I'll just have to wait until I go to MEPS and get it evaluated.

As for the PT, I haven't been running so much, other than playing basketball, but I've been riding a bike 10-15 miles to tone my quad and calf back up. And the pushups, I fail around 65, and situps around 68, but I am working to improve those.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Rett wrote:Ranger RTO,
I want to go Ranger, but not right off the bat. I want 11X and ABN in my contract, then gain some experience with a standard airborne unit, the apply for RIP later on.

And the knee, they did a pretty damn good job on it. The surgery did require a screw, but I've been told it's nothing that can't be waived. I'll just have to wait until I go to MEPS and get it evaluated.

As for the PT, I haven't been running so much, other than playing basketball, but I've been riding a bike 10-15 miles to tone my quad and calf back up. And the pushups, I fail around 65, and situps around 68, but I am working to improve those.
Welcome.

If you can get an 11x option 40 then why not go for it. Don't you think that by learning from Rangers from the beginning it would be better? I always think that the mould should be made right the first time. That is just a thought so good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: ,

Post by cams »

Chiron wrote:

Welcome.

If you can get an 11x option 40 then why not go for it. Don't you think that by learning from Rangers from the beginning it would be better? I always think that the mould should be made right the first time. That is just a thought so good luck.
X2. Don't be scared....... :lol: :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Don't sell yourself short. Earn yourself a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. You came to the right place.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Get the 40 option now. Later, you will never find the time. It's better to try now than to have never tried and always regret it.

Welcome to the site.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Bravo57 wrote:Get the 40 option now. Later, you will never find the time. It's better to try now than to have never tried and always regret it.

Welcome to the site.
Bravo57 is a man that knows & gave you good advice.

WELCOME
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! If you want it, go get it!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Just because you get Airborne in your contract doesn't mean you will be assigned to an Airborne Unit. All it means is that you will go to Jump School and possibly graduate with a set of wings. You could end up in a unit like the Big Red 1 in Ft Riley Ks. Eating dust, shitting rocks and changing the oil in your track.

If you want to be in the Ranger Regt, get it in your contract.

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Thanks for the welcomings and responses Rangers, much appreciated. I think I will try and get the OPT40 the first time, coming from Rangers who have been there and know what they're saying. Now back to some reading, take care!
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Rett wrote:Thanks for the welcomings and responses Rangers, much appreciated. I think I will try and get the OPT40 the first time, coming from Rangers who have been there and know what they're saying. Now back to some reading, take care!
Where in Texas are you located?

Return to “Introduction Archive”