Ninja's Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ninja
Embryo

Ninja's Introduction

Post by Ninja »

I'd like to introduce myself. I am currently an ROTC Cadet at PSU. I came across this website while doing some research online about Army Rangers. It looks like a great place to learn and pick up some advice. I'll only be starting this year at one of the branch campuses so I do not have much experience, but everyone has to begin somewhere right? Assuming that I could get an Option 40 before I graduate, it would still be at least 4 to 5 years before I'd be active so I recognize that I have a long way to go, but you can never start too early.

I've seen the ROTC Cadets catch a lot of heat around here (and throughout the military for that matter) so I'll be sure to take initiative and find my own answers. I had actually considered Westpoint during high school but never went all the way through the admissions process. I've decided to do it again and this time make sure I complete my application and not be intimidated by the competitive admission requirements. I actually think I stand a good chance. I have the papers from my senators and representative to fill out for my congressional nomination. Hopefully this time next year I'll be in CBT and calling myself a Plebe, but I'm not getting my hopes up realizing that it is extremely competitive.

Either way I'd like to earn the right to call myself a Ranger down the line, and plan on dropping by this site from time to time to do some reading.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Holy Shit not a Ninja. Welcome and Good Luck!!
It's all good.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Welcome Ninja,

PM inbound

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome.

RLTW
Bell
Jacked87
Tadpole

Post by Jacked87 »

Welcome, and good luck.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

welcome :D
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Its fuckin raining ninja's

:roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
kellisully

Post by kellisully »

~Welcome to you~
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Re: Ninja's Introduction

Post by Ardent Lady »

Ninja wrote:...and not be intimidated by the competitive admission requirements.....

...Either way I'd like to earn the right to call myself a Ranger down the line...
These two thoughts are connected and they are mutually exclusive. Being intimidated will often cause you to quit; becoming a Ranger means you don't.

Welcome. You've come to the right place to begin to learn what you need to know.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Welcome to the site. and Good luck!
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site and Good Luck to you!
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Welcome.
Ninja
Embryo

Post by Ninja »

Ardent Lady wrote:These two thoughts are connected and they are mutually exclusive. Being intimidated will often cause you to quit; becoming a Ranger means you don't.
That is a very insightful line. I did a complete 180 this year and have become so determined to succeed and pursue my goals to my best ability. I will no longer be intimidated by anything or let anything put me down. Thank you for the warm reception everyone.
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Confused you are, ROTC and West Point Cadets become Officers who do not have an Option 40 contract, they go where the Army tells them, and into the Branch the Army needs them. You could wind up a transportation officer in Korea with no Ranger school.

Just something to think about.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007

Return to “Introduction Archive”