My CCW rig

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
GSXRanger
Ranger

My CCW rig

Post by GSXRanger »

Along with the gratuitous pictures... :lol: :lol: Sorry about all the "Ranger" shit I'm wearing... thought you would get a kick out of it.

Ok, I was motivated to demonstrate my carry rig. Now, my daily carry gun is my trusty Glock 36. I roll out of the house with it, every single day. Most of the time, I carry it in the rig, that I will show in these pictures. It is called the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe, and it is an IWB holster.

In this thread, I will demonstrate what it looks like under a normal tee shirt, and also the draw stroke that I use to get the weapon in action. I will shoot a short .avi soon and show it in full motion.

So, here goes. If this is not appropriate for this forum, let me know, and we can move it where it needs to be.

NOTE... this firearm is unloaded, and no kitty cats were harmed making these pictures.

First of all... here is the G36 in my carry rig.

Here it is, from the back view. Notice the rough hewn leather... very comfy once it's worn in.

The leather covers all metal on the gun, so nothing rubs on your skin. The belt goes through the loops, and this rig can be "tucked" if needed.

Here is the rig, empty...

Here it is from the top, weapon in the holster... notice how the leather forms around the gun... the more you wear it, sweat in it, the more comfy it is...

Last edited by GSXRanger on November 15th, 2008, 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

This is the Glock 36, with a +1 Pearce grip extension. This allows my big ass hands to grip the gun, and control it with fast controlled pairs.

Last edited by GSXRanger on November 15th, 2008, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ok, so how does it print? Well, it disappears under a tee shirt. Here, you see me arms down, you can BARELY see it on the right side... I wear it between the 4 and 5 o'clock position...

Last edited by GSXRanger on November 15th, 2008, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Too many pictures...
Last edited by GSXRanger on November 16th, 2008, 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Still too many pictures.
Last edited by GSXRanger on November 16th, 2008, 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I am using the XS Express "Big Dot" sight system on this gun. They are VERY fast to acquire, and easy to use. The eye picks up the front dot, and places it on target for the trigger press... very fast combat sight system. These are also Tritium so they glow in the dark. It is a "Dot the I" type system, instead of the old conventional three dot system.

Here's how it sleeps on my night stand...

Last edited by GSXRanger on November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

What was I thinking???
Last edited by GSXRanger on November 16th, 2008, 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Oh, and Oto... we are still waiting!!!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

hey man, you have the -5 or -6 sights for glock?

as far as the cross breed super tuck goes, I'll agree. with a gun belt it's absolutely stable. it simply doesn't move. and very comfortable. I've got a full size 1911 in one. at the 4-5 o'clock, the mag well prints, but at the 3, it prints as little as GSX's glock. from the 3 it's a fast, clean draw.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

KW Driver wrote:hey man, you have the -5 or -6 sights for glock?

as far as the cross breed super tuck goes, I'll agree. with a gun belt it's absolutely stable. it simply doesn't move. and very comfortable. I've got a full size 1911 in one. at the 4-5 o'clock, the mag well prints, but at the 3, it prints as little as GSX's glock. from the 3 it's a fast, clean draw.
These are the -5's.... the BIG dot. The -6's are the "standard" dot up front. I wanted something HUGE... to draw my eye to it quickly, and this thing works.

At 25 yards, I hold at a 6 o'clock position, and it's right on.

As for a gun belt, I have a very stiff Blackhawk belt, that has the nylon stiffener inside it, and it holds this holster rock stable.

I will pull the order slip for the XS sights and let you know. For those of you out there that have never used the Big dot sight system... I would urge you to give them a try. Very fast!

Here's a link to the site...

http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Do I have to keep telling you D? Trim your fingernails.........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FAG!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

well played Zonk, but where are your, "I'm a camera/attention whore" pics of you cool-guying your piece? :D
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Weapons of War”