POSSIBLE POSER - NEED CONFIRMATION

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
tpr134
Embryo

POSSIBLE POSER - NEED CONFIRMATION

Post by tpr134 »

*Could not post this in the Poser Section*

Rangers, I have been working midnight shift the past few nights, and last night I had the unfortunate experience of pulling over a soldier. The subject, was traveling at over 90 mph in a posted 55 (which a lot of people do in Cecil County). Upon contact with the subject I could smell alcohol. He kept telling me that he was "the Army" and also a Ranger. I then asked him if he had his scroll. He said "what's a scroll." He said he went to a 14 week Ranger School (I was under the impression it was longer) and that he is a Ranger. He was later arrested for DUI that night. I again asked after some time passed what unit he was with and he replied the 10th Mountain Division and he just got back from Afghanistan. So, I asked him what happened to him being a Ranger. He said "no, I am a Ranger." So, I asked him what it was like to wear the scroll (I obviously didn't believe him after his first few responses), and he had no idea what I was talking about. He was VERY uncooperative, loud, obnoxious, and errogant to both me, my Corporal, and my Sergeant. As to not violate his court issued rights, I won't state what his breath test results were, but they were above the limit obviously. I am assuming some of the Rangers on this forum has access to records as to who went to Ranger School, when, and/or if they ever served with the 75th. If someone could please PM me, and I will provide you with the subjects name, rank, and duty assignment. I know we hate it when people try to say they are Troopers, and I know you feel the same about someone saying they are a Ranger.

Thank you for your service Rangers.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: POSSIBLE POSER - NEED CONFIRMATION

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome back Trooper, I was wondering what happened to you.

His ranger claim is patently bogus, period.
The basics are:
Ranger School, the army wide training course runs around 8-9 weeks, depending on when he went. Graduation is marked by the award of a black & gold ranger tab.
Never was anything like a "14 week" course.
The scroll is the unit insignia. To be assigned to the 75thRR requires selection and training in a course (formerly 3, then 4, now 8 weeks) once known as 'RIP' and now RASP, with the officer & senior NCO course being "ROP" and now 'RASP 2'. Of course, members of the 75th RR who didn't previously attend the RS will go immediately after passing RASP or can be delayed up to a year later.

There's nothing I'm aware of about a drunk making phony claims that you can effect as a traffic LEO, except not permitting any "professional courtesy" or slack your judgement might otherwise allow when it comes time to decide what tickets to write. Or, he might just be too drunk to successfully negotiate the stairs in the station trelve or thirteen times by himself :twisted:
Of course, you know all this.
(513, you reading this? :P )

Stay safe.
Last edited by K.Ingraham on September 19th, 2010, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

sounds like he is tabbed out but never in Regiment........maybe.

you were questioning his tab and he got pissed due to his being drunk made an even bigger ass out of himself. no excuse tho for the DUI

let it go brother
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

I disagree.

There is no such thing as a 14-week Ranger course, and this guy was lying to you.

Unless I am mistaken, is it not a misdemeanor to lie to a LEO?

Prosecute him.

Prosecute him for driving drunk and endangering others on the road, prosecute him for lying to a LEO and for acting like a belligerent asshole when you were just doing your job, and prosecute him for lying about being a Ranger.

Thanks, and good luck. Anything else that you need, let me know.
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

Yeah.

I am a dick tonight. Going to bed.

Maybe tomorrow I will be nice. :)
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

ma91c1an wrote:Yeah.

I am a dick tonight. Going to bed.

Maybe tomorrow I will be nice. :)
:lol: :lol:
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Just go ahead and beat his ass and let it go. Like you need another reason? lol

Last time I got pulled over by a State Trooper for DUI was in Hinesville, GA. I was extremely polite and respectful. When he said he was taking me in to the local PD station for a breathalyzer, I just told him to go ahead and keep my license and lock me up.

He was very surprised and said "why" and I said "there's a good reason why Hinesville, Ga has a new police station and fire station and it's off the fine revenues on GI's". He must've been new because he just told me to drive straight home and go to bed.
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
ma91c1an wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, is it not a misdemeanor to lie to a LEO.

prosecute him for lying to a LEO
That could gum up the judicial system a bit!

:lol: :lol:
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)
havoc996
Ranger

Post by havoc996 »

RRDTm3 wrote:sounds like he is tabbed out but never in Regiment........maybe.

you were questioning his tab and he got pissed due to his being drunk made an even bigger ass out of himself. no excuse tho for the DUI

let it go brother

From the original post.

" I then asked him if he had his scroll. He said "what's a scroll."

Doesn't sound like he is tabbed out to me.
Civilians, will never understand us. Our desire to be at the worst possible place at the exact wrong time because we hope to make a difference even if it costs us our lives, are incomprehensible to them. And yet it is so. Our prayer is not, please God, let it happen on my day off; but please God, don't let me screw this up.

HHC 1/75
10-04
OEF/OIF

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”